On Tue, 29 Sep 2015, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:

On the other side, i still think that should be kept out of TCustomApplication.

Well, I have already explained why I want it exactly there :)

While the simple requirement of checking another
instance is easy to implement into TCustomApplication, others may want more
features / control (See bug report for examples). Those that need it would
duplicate part of the code.

Yes and no, it depends on how you expose the feature. When I said I want a single property, I meant of course that it can be enabled in it's most basic form with just property. That does not exclude that more properties can be exposed to offer more functionality.

The big advantage of Ondrej's functionality is that it will work on all
platforms.
SimpleIPC will not work on all platforms.

Maybe create fpUniqueInstance on top of Ondrej work, making extensible and
plugabble?

Yes. I had thought about this too, we are of the same idea :-)

Let's first see how Ondrej does it.