On 22/03/18 15:53, Anthony Walter wrote:
Yes, I agree, both for unit names, but also for methods and arguments. The exceptions should be for code related that are imports or extensions of existing APIs, for example:

cairo_create should remain the same
glGenBuffersshould remain the same
gtk_window_newshould remain the same
dlopenshould remain the same

But in the RTL or LCL here are some of many pure pascal functions or procedures that could have their case changed:

abs should be Abs
arctanshould be ArcTan
getdirshould be GetDir
intpower should be IntPower
hexstr should be HexStr
strcan should be StrScan

And with RTL or LCL unit names:

keyboard should be Keyboard
math should be Math
strutils should be StrUtils
cthreads should be CThreads

Same applies to function/procedure/method arguments. If they're a pure pascal original, then arguments should be CamelCase. If they are part of an API imported, then they should remain the way the original API declares them.

IMO

I agree, pure Pascal should use CamelCase, otherwise we should follow the published API.  In all cases usage should follow the declaration.
I must have the same OCD variant too!