or maybe don't use the variable name "result" because it might point to the special delphi "result" var and not yours?

--
Alexander Grotewohl
http://dcclost.com

On Sep 28, 2019 4:15 PM, Alexander Grotewohl <a...@dcclost.com> wrote:
don't know off the top of my head but does the ord() bit segfault without assigning it to anything? like if the function only had writleln(ord())! or does the result:= section segfault using ord() without the pointers?

my guess is it works on linux/mac purely by luck. but i could be wrong.

--
Alexander Grotewohl
http://dcclost.com