Hi all,

I was kick-banned from #pascal . See the following:

* ChanServ gives channel operator status to Joanna
* Joanna sets ban on $a:Stevelitt
* You have been kicked from #pascal by Joanna (slander and harrassment)

I said nothing about Joanna on #irc or #pascal, so she's basing it on
what I said on fpc-other. You guys have read what I said. Did that
sound like slander and harassment to you? To me it sounded like an
honest critique of her moderation practices.

I had thought that Joanna meant it when she said she'd step down from
her operator status at #fpc to allow for somebody else to take that
over, and I thought we were all going to be happy, but obviously I was
wrong.

Slander? Tell me one thing I said that was untrue.

Harassment? Compare my true words to Joanna's pattern and practice of
summarily and arbitrarily banning people for no behavior at all. 43
bans is simply breathtaking, and unique.

I suggest the FPC project remove channel #fpc from
https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_IRC_channel . There's no need to
subject any FPC using people or people who want to use FPC to the kind
of moderation that now happens on #fpc. Like it or not, the extreme
moderation practices on #fpc reflect very badly on the FPC project.
Speaking for myself, I'll continue using Lazarus, but I'm setting aside
my plans to start doing more new construction of regular executables
using Free Pascal.

SteveT

Steve Litt