On Friday 18 January 2008 12:01, Matt Emson wrote:
> Vinzent Hoefler wrote:
> > On Friday 18 January 2008 11:39, Bee wrote:
> >> I used to use this feature on Turbo Delphi Explorer. But since I
> >> totally switch to FPC/Laz and Ubuntu, I really missed this feature
> >> on FPC. :(
> >
> > No offense, but maybe this is a good time to start becoming a
> > serious developer now?
>
> I think you are missing the point.

No, I don't.

> Bee may indeed be misguided, but
> the feature is in Delphi[.Net] in general.

Screw Delphi. That "feature" was in ISO-standardized Ada back in 1995
already. And there it's called child units. Name spaces have too flat
scoping rules to be really useful.

And yes, I'd like to have implemented that ("child units") in FPC.

But even so, it still wouldn't help Bee, because he's not using it for
namespaces, he's using it as special names for version control. This
was the part I was attacking, if anyone else wondered.

Vinzent.