> > Well, the statements so far went like "this sub.sub.unit stuff is
> > just .NET crap, we won't implement any of those". ;)
>
> I don't like that kind of attitude either. .Net is not crap as a whole,
> it does have some good features and ability. If some of them are really
> good, then why not implement some of them in FPC too?

I think if sb would waste time on it, and the patch is good quality it might
be added. Not because it is a good feature (afaik it is not), but out of
Delphi compat.

But, maybe you could enlighten me, what is exactly the needed functionality
?

Because how do you determine the difference

b.a.c.d  (field d of class c in unit b.a)

and

b.a.c.d (field d of class c in class a in unit b)

What does Delphi/win32 really do with that? Does it more than simply
ignoring parts of the name, and if so, what exactly? Could you make an
overview of this feature?

And what is the use in your view?