Op Fri, 18 Jan 2008, schreef Bee:

I don't use .Net, but supporting Delphi dot namespace doesn't need to stop providing other functionality. Ideally, we should able to provide them both, the Delphi way and the FPC way. Both are the most used pascal compiler nowadays. ;)

As far as I am concerned, there will be no "two ways" of doing things. It will only be confusing and makes the language needlessly baroque. Both compilers use the UCSD Pascal unit system, which, as of today is still one of the best modular programming systems. That is the base to start from.

But, I never encounter code that uses this feature; it is the perfect example of how adding syntactic sugar can help the needs of just one man.

You never encounter it doesn't mean it never been used or it's only used by one man. ;)

But it does show such features are irrelevant to the project.

Daniël