Add the ssockets unit to your uses clause.

Michael

On Mon, 7 Sep 2020, James Richters via fpc-pascal wrote:

When I try to compile either of the examples below, I get Error: Identifier not found "ESocketError" Any ideas?
James

Yes, catch the ESocketError in a try..except:

Try
  S:=TFPHTTPCLIENT.SIMPLEGET('http://10.10.01.01/30000/15');
except
  On E: ESocketError do
    Writeln('Could not connect to server'); end;

Is there a way to change the amount of time before the timeout?

Yes, but then you need to create an instance, i.e. the Simple* commands won't
do that for you:

Instead, it will look like this:

uses fphttpclient;

Var
  C : TFPHTTPClient;

begin
  C:=TFPHTTPClient.Create(Nil);
  try
     try
       C.ConnectTimeout:=10; // Or whatever you think is good
       C.Get('http://10.10.01.01/30000/15');
     except
       On E: ESocketError do
         Writeln('Could not connect to server');