On 13/04/2023 13:55, Rik van Kekem via fpc-pascal wrote:
Op 13-04-2023 om 12:53 schreef Jacob Kroon via fpc-pascal:

Thanks for checking, but well, I just got contacted by "Joanna" privately on IRC, this is the chatlog:

The following topic might be of interest. You can view it without registering.
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,61328.0.html

There are more people who have the same problem with that IRC channel(s) and with 'Joanna'.
Especially the strict rules that are enforced.
(your chatlog doesn't stand alone, there are also multiple topics on the forum about this, besides the link given above.)

BTW. That IRC channel is not an official FPC/Lazarus channel.
(I think 'Joanna' is the founder of the channel and sole moderator there.)

#fpc and #lazarus were the official channels in the freenode times. After freenode got abandoned, some active users started those channels on libera. Soon after that I registered #lazarus as the official channel for the lazarus project. No registration is done for the fpc channel (yet) As of today, Joanna is not a channel operator anymore on the lazarus channel. She has been warned that the same could happen for the fpc channel.

Marc