On Thu, 13 Apr 2023, Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal wrote:

On 13 April 2023 22:08:58 +0200, "Vojtěch Čihák via fpc-pascal"
<fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

Hi,

I'm almost fourteen years on the forum and a few years less on mailing lists
and I never had a single problem.
I don't attend IRC so I can't say what's wrong there.
OTOH I read Joanna's comments on the forum and they are OK (to the topic; non
conflict).

I've been contacted by Joanna using a private message on the forum. Apparently, she (assuming it's a female name) tries to do her best to
manage the channel and protect it from trolls, etc.  I'll try to clarify
to her why I believe that her actions don't match her intents in at least
some cases.

I've been contacted as well by email.

I received a similar story, and after reading it I believe she (she confirmed it is a female name) is sincere in her wish to keep the channel free from trolls, so it appears to me (as an outsider, I am not on IRC) she is simply a little overzealous in her moderation activity.

I am not an IRC user, so I'll let Tomas handle the rest of the story.