Nandini,
I am running SnagIt 8.01, but I never enabled the add-in; I always run
it as a free-standing
program and haven't had any problems (even saving as .png -- they
write out 8 bits).

Cheers,
Art

On 5/2/06, Nandini Garud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Glad to possibly help you Art!

I had trouble with FrameMaker freezing and crashing while using Snagit 8.0.
Was using save Web URLs and scroll bar for the captured windows.

Updated to Snagit 8.01. Used .jpg instead of .png. Works ok in Frame 7.2.
When saving these images, get a message to save without the URLs. Can't use
scroll bar which is nice to take multiple pictures.

Here is admission of trouble from Techsmith:

Discussion Thread
Response (Melissa G.)
04/25/2006 09:10 AM
Nandini, are you using the FrameMaker 7.2 add-in for SnagIt? If so, we have
been running into problems with this. SnagIt is currently being tested in
our internal testing department for these compatibility issues (and a
resolution). You can try, for now, to run SnagIt from the system tray and
then pressing PrintScreen when you need to take a capture. Also, make sure
your notifications are turned off under tools > program preferences >
notification. Uncheck show all tips and show all balloon tips. Click apply >
ok to close the window.

Nandini

Frankly, I am going to switch to 7.0 if the problems persist.