Hi, Jeffrey:

Thanks for the clarification.

You wrote:

Apparently you misunderstood my description (in the
part of the email that was "snipped") of what happens when I
"substitute" another graphic; it DOES NOT behave correctly; IOW, when I
delete the partial page graphic, leave the frame size as partial page
also, and import a full-page graphic, the lines in the graphic are not
visible (do not print) on a hardcopy of the page, and are not visible
(are not displayed) in Acrobat when I make a pdf of the page. HOWEVER,
if I then to back into the text file, increase the anchored frame size
to full-page (without scaling the graphic), the lines in the graphic are
then visible (and are printed) on a hardcopy of the page, and are
visible (and are displayed) in Acrobat when I make a pdf of the page.

This seems to indicate that there's something wrong in the anchored
frame, the page it's on, and/or the surrounding area of the document.

If the MIF wash doesn't fix it, and the reconstruction by copy/paste
to a new file that I suggested also doesn't fix it, then, based on the
test results you're seeing, you've probably discovered a bug that
needs to be reported.

The MIF wash isn't too big a deal to perform when troubleshooting.
Yes, it's a nuisance if you need to add it to a workflow for all
files. I was just suggesting a technique that could clear FM file
corruption, if it's present.

My point about reading and understanding the topic described in
Acrobat Help was to clarify the issues of very thin line widths that
occur in files; it's possibly a clue to the problem that's surfacing
in your FM files. Sorry if I was confusing.

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices