Hi Richard:

Thanks for this input -- you've helped me learn some things.

I do need to have an anchored frame that is larger than the
illustration I'm importing.

However, I see that I can just choose "Below Current Line" for my
anchored frame, and it automtically jumps to a new page. And the table
below it automatically jumps to its own page.

Thanks!

Deirdre