I'm not aware of any way to use source control for binary files (FM or
otherwise) other than just being able to know if the file has changed
(even that may not really be very accurate). And there's no way to do a
useful diff of two FM files other than using the Compare utility in FM.

This is one of the big advantages of using XML, since the files are text
(as long as you use an XML-aware diff tool).

You *could* store MIF files in your version control system, but then
you'll need to add a MIF round-tripping workflow .. probably not a
viable option.

Hopefully someone else will have some other ideas.

Cheers,

...scott