Hi Gillian,

Other than the diff report (which I assume provides more details than
just a time/date stamp) is SVN useful?

I've been wanting some centralized document management for our
FrameMaker (and other) files for a long time. We have several folks that
author materials, sometimes in teams. I'd like to have check in/check
out and versioning at the very least. It would be really cool to be able
to metatag content and search for it also.

Folks have mentioned going to MIF files or XML. Wouldn't those options
add steps to the workflow? I assume they (MIF or XML) would affect the
workflow in a similar fashion. Also, going to XML would require
structure (I assume) so I don't think we're ready for that. We've
started to use structure in some docs, but I haven't had time to
implement that broadly.

What is PDM?

Thanks,
don.

Don Rinderknecht -- 405.325.2805
Meteorologist Instructor/Developer
Warning Decision Training Branch, Norman, OK
http://www.wdtb.noaa.gov
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."
- Cdr Montgomery Scott, Star Trek III