I still say you have to figure out a way to make it easier for them to
find the information that has changed, without rereading the entire
manual. Perhaps you could list a version history with what's new in each
version. Then you could ask the engineer to check the version history
and read the related sections of the manual before complaining that it
doesn't work.

--
Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson