Hello Klaus,

Unfortunately retranslating with FM9 files is not an option now. But apart
from that, I had the same problem with translated FM9 files for another
project. Somehow Trados doesn't create Unicode MIF output. May be that's the
drawback of using <MIFFile 8.00>, Trados did not update the tools to the FM9
character encodings. Or is there some setting required (S-Tagger or Trados)
to keep Unicode in the translated files? Trados itself can produce Unicode
output, somewhere in the conversion back to MIF this gets converted to (old)
FrameMaker character encodings.

I manually used the procedure you describe. But indeed for my current
project there are hundreds of Index markers so a manual copy-paste etc is
not an option. I didn't think of IxGen yet, I used to have a license but
have not used it for a long time.

Thanks for the script, I'll try it out!

Would you know what happens with the marker texts if the file is resaved
(from FM9) into FM7 MIF?

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,
Wim Hooghwinkel
Don't forget to invite your contacts to join us at NLDITA 2010. Looking
forward to see you there!

iDTP - Technical Communication Consultant
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker / NLDITA 2010
tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @NLDITA
i...@idtp.eu