I've a large book with 57 chapters. Each time I update the book, it's a crap
shoot whether the chap. count will come to 57. Sometimes two chaps share the
same number, sometimes there are other pairs of same-numbered chapters.
Seldom does the error occur in the same place/s between updates. I've
applied "Continue Numbering From Previous File in Book" from the book file
to the pertinent range of chapters many, many times, and saved and resaved
the book file. But still the random numbering misfires recur. Any ideas?
Thanks,

--John Burgdorf, Cisco