2013-05-13-01T20:20Z

Nadine -

Nadine, I certainly wouldn't swing the bat if you were within range.  On the
other hand, having served in the US Army Infantry, I'd call it "bursting
radius."

Well, if you'll accept an American source, please see

        http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/capitalism and

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/free+market?show=0&t=1368475416 .

So, I make the answer to your question as, " . . . an economic system
characterized by . . . distribution of goods that are determined mainly by
competition in a free market."

Also, please consider the following.  It is a very-close paraphrasing of a
statement by a professor of accounting is his class many years ago.

The purpose of business is to make money.  The purpose of business is _not_ to
produce a valuable good or to deliver a worthwhile service.  The purpose of
business is to _make_money_.

And, if you'll allow an allusion from the Bible:  "The _love_ of money is the
root of all evil."  (emphasis added because it is often misquoted as "Money is
the root of all evil."  DAS)

*Being concerned that Nadine and others might be within bursting radius, puts
figurative safety pin back into figurative hand grenade.*

Regards,
Dave Stamm
Information Engineer