Another way I've done this is to insert at least 3 tab characters (not tab
stops) before the page number. Maybe that will give you a bit of automation
for those long entries.

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Jay Mahler <j...@mahler.com> wrote:

> I’m sure you’ve all had the problem with TOCs, LOTs, LOFs, and even
> indexes. When the title reaches the end of the line (or too many index
> entries), the tab character that should position the page number at right
> aligned tab doesn’t work, and the page number appears left justified on the
> second line with or without continued text. I’ve always gone through and
> manually fixed the issue by inserting soft returns after the lists are
> generated, but I have a client with a huge document and LOTs and LOFs that
> are 20 pages each. Has anyone figured out an automated way to fix this
> problem? My experiments haven’t turned up a solution.****
>
> ** **
>
> Also, since I’m sure this isn’t the first time someone has asked this
> question, I wanted to search old posts and the archives. I can’t figure out
> how to do that other than looking at each month manually. Is there a search
> tool available somewhere?****
>
> ** **
>
> Jay Mahler****
>
> 734-645-6298****
>
> ** **

> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/jerilynne.knight%40gmail.com
>
> Send administrative questions to listad...@frameusers.com. Visit

may your day be igKnighted with passionately powerful possibilities!

<http://www.mylivesignature.com/>
Jerilynne Knight
"Sexy backends for your business"

Making strategies, systems, and automation work harder so you don't have to!