After that incident he should have an enforced change of job.

Anyone who can't cope with the pressures of the job that includes "difficult" customers (not that I'm saying Art was in anyway difficult) shouldn't be doing the job.

---

Peter

On 2013-08-12 20:28, Bethany Lee wrote:
I want to know what happened after this. Did he transfer you or hang
up on you? I think if I were Pete, and you said, "Do I have a choice?"
I would have said, "yeah, you can wait while I transfer you or you can
quit this chat. It's your choice. " J

I think people doing chat help get a lot of crap from users of chat
help. It's super easy to be rude to people who are on chat help and I
bet they experience a lot of that every day. I think it takes a steel
exterior to be able to do customer service of any kind, and chat
service even more so. Maybe Pete doesn't have that steel exterior or
maybe he's just been doing it too long and he needs a change of job.

FROM: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] ON BEHALF OF Art
Campbell
 SENT: Sunday, August 11, 2013 3:10 PM
 TO: FrameUsers List; Free Framers; tcs-users
 SUBJECT: Why we love Adobe Tech Support...

The transcript of a chat session with "Pete" this afternoon. Back
story: I'm looking for a download of Acrobat X, not the current
version. And yes, I may have overstepped a wee bit when I asked "Do I
have a choice?" but that doesn't detract from the cheery ending from
"Pete". :- )

info: One moment please while we route your chat to a representative.
info: Thank you for contacting Adobe Sales. My name is Pete. How may I help you today?
You: Art
Pete: Hi, may I have your first name please?
You: Hi, I'm looking for the download/installer for Acrobat X Pro
You: Any idea of the URL?
Pete: Just to know, did you already purchase the software?
You: Yes, that's why I need the download.
Pete: In that case, let me go ahead and transfer this chat to our Technical Support Team to help you with the download, alright.
You: Do I have a choice?
Pete: You need to contact our technical team for the download, alright.
Pete: Let me transfer this chat, alright.
Pete: I am sorry, did I lose you?
You: No,
Pete: Thank yo for responding.
You: I'm waiting to be transferred -- I can't do it
Pete: *you.
You: and * you too,

 Cheers,

Art