Hi Wim,

I have seen something like that, but I dont know exactly how the trick
worked.

It was also structured FM. The graphics were all on the reference page
in individual frames.
On the master page, there was a textflow frame with a "normal"
paragraph, no variables (I think). You would have to see that the
setting for "Frame Above Pgf" is set to the specific frame on the
reference page with the graphic needed.

As I said, I know it is possible, but there are some things missing here
that I do not remember. At the time I worked with the files, my focus
was only on the typesetting work.

Another option:
Similarly, instead of using the reference pages, you may put all
graphics in a font (if possible).
For the sinchronization of H/F appearance and related chapter (or
heading) you could use a marker in the heading with just the letter that
stands for the graphic in the font The marker could be referenced on the
master page with a variable.

Good luck -

Tino H. Haida, Berlin

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp:

> Hi,
>
> one of my clients wants to use images as (in) H/F variables. This can not be
> done using default FM functions, as a variable can not contain an image.
>
> Has anyone handled this kind of formatting and can give me some suggestions?
> Or may be someone has a script available to replace H/F with an image - I
> guess an image that should be taken from the content, just like a H/F takes
> the heading text from the content.
>
> Note: this is structured FM (XML, not DITA) and currently moving tom FM7 to
> FM10/11.
>
> thanks,
>
> Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,
>
> Wim Hooghwinkel
>
> INFORMATION ENERGY 2013 – LEADING CONFERENCE ON INNOVATION IN KNOWLEDGE AND
> INFORMATION EXCHANGE
> IEn2013 [1]
>
> tel. +31652036811
> Skype wimhooghwinkel