From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Joseph Lorenzini
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:13 AM
To: FrameMaker Forum; tcs-us...@googlegroups.com
Subject: So Long and Thanks for the Fish -- Migrating from FrameMaker to Flare

Hi all,

I have used FrameMaker for over 5 years. I have used it to produce thousands of
pages of documentation. And I honestly thought that
FM was a great tool...for a time. Plus, the community was super helpful.

So its with some regret that I am telling you that I am leaving this community
and the TCS suite. I am adopting Flare as a
replacement. Please note I am no evangelist of Flare nor do I think that
there's One Right Tool. FrameMaker can be a great solution
for some and if works for you then great. The reasons why I made this choice
were driven by a specific business and use case

There are many reasons for this but that would cause this post to grow quite
large and I didn't want to flood this community with a
gigantic post about why I am not using its tool anymore.

That said, my experience of why and how i migrated may be of interest to others
in this forum. If you'd like a detailed explanation
and are curious to learn more, I would be happy to share those details with you
offline. Feel free to email me.

Sincerely,

Joseph Lorenzini