If there is anyone out there who is still using FrameMaker 7.0p577 on Mac in
Classic, maybe they can help me with this problem, as I've wasted hours on it
and I'm a bit desperate.

For historical reasons, I'm still on this setup. I reported earlier that the
AdobePS printer driver, which I have used without any problem for a great many
books and years, now falls over with the message 'The printer description file
associated with this printer has caused an error (101)' on *both* Macs - and
then FrameMaker crashes. I'm using the Acrobat PPD. This occurs even with a new
clean installation of FrameMaker. Nothing significant has changed with the
setups. I have therefore abandoned AdopePS.

So I am using the Apple Laserwriter 8 driver and writing .ps to file. However,
I'm getting miscellaneous graphics-related errors that are sending Distiller
(6) into a frenzy and an apparent endless loop. The main error appears to be

'%%[ Error: limitcheck; OffendingCommand:
310E121210182A3E4A674394332E3924051A251C3844423941392F2723241C1B425D5F635D5542392946552021292737454662564D4E4A3B505D6467552B3C3
 ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%'

after which Distiller goes a bit mad and reports completion figures of
thousands of percent.

I have one offending chapter, and turning the graphics off in that chapter
allows the chapter to distill without error. However, if I try the entire book
up to that point, I still get errors.

I'm not looking for someone to fix this, but I'd be most grateful for
suggestions for a sensible diagnostic procedure. Maybe isolating the graphics
to separate files and trying to create PDFs from them?

[I do have FrameMaker 10 for Windows, but at present don't have a machine on
which to run it.]

--
Steve