From: Matt Sullivan [mailto:sullivanma...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:54 PM
To: Keith Soltys
Cc: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: FrameMaker 12 released

@Keith, I am not aware of additional Word import functionality, although in the
past, filters have been updated to the latest Word versions at time of release.
Improved Word import is not one of the "themes" of the release.

-Matt
Matt R. Sullivan
co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker
11<http://framemaker11book.com/>
P: 714.798.7596 | C: 714.585.2335 |
m...@mattrsullivan.com<mailto:m...@mattrsullivan.com>

@mattrsullivan<http://twitter.com/mattrsullivan>
linkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattrsullivan>
facebook<http://www.facebook.com/mattrsullivan>
mattrsullivan.com<http://mattrsullivan.com/>

On Jan 15, 2014, at 6:35 AM, Keith Soltys
<keith.sol...@tmx.com<mailto:keith.sol...@tmx.com>> wrote:

>From a scan of their product pages and the few reviews out now, this looks
>like a compelling upgrade. I passed on FM 11 because most of the new features
>seemed oriented to structured authoring.  This release has the number one item
>on my list of requested feature enhancements - regular expressions in search.
>That alone would be worth the upgrade to me.

The improved conditional text pod, smart catalogs, and other GUI enhancements
are also good.

I would like to know if they've improved the MS Word import. I didn't see any
mention of that anywhere.

Regards

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail, including all materials contained in or
attached to this e-mail, contains proprietary and confidential information
solely for the internal use of the intended recipient. If you have received
this email in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or otherwise
and ensure that it is permanently deleted from your systems, and do not print,
copy, distribute or read its contents.

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALIT? Le pr?sent courriel, y compris tous les documents qu'il
contient ou qui y sont joints, renferme des renseignements exclusifs et
confidentiels destin?s uniquement ? l'usage interne du destinataire pr?vu. Si
vous avez re?u le pr?sent courriel par erreur, veuillez nous aviser
imm?diatement, notamment par retour de courriel, et vous assurer qu'il est
supprim? de fa?on permanente de vos syst?mes; veuillez ?galement vous abstenir
d'imprimer, de copier, de distribuer ou de lire son contenu.