On 1/23/2014 1:17 PM, Syed Zaeem Hosain (syed.hos...@aeris.net) wrote:
        Do people here feel that it is necessary to check a PDF in a "Reader
only" environment if that PDF looks fine in Acrobat?

I don't normally feel it is necessary. My understanding has always been that Reader is basically the viewing portion of Acrobat. So if it doesn't look right in one, it won't look right in the other. I see Acrobat as Reader, plus a bunch of other features that we have to pay for. I don't know if that's accurate, but it's my impression.

Having said that, there are a few times that I've found it necessary to check a file in Reader (on a separate computer). I've never seen any differences in _appearance_ (assuming that I remembered to embed all fonts, which I always do because I have my joboptions set to do so by default), but I have seen problems in functionality. Examples include forms that didn't work in Reader, but did work in Acrobat, because I had some setting wrong. Or the review feature not working-- again, because it wasn't set up right beforehand. So I may check a form in Reader, or a PDF being sent out for review.

Mike Wickham