The File > Utilities location I cited is where the Unicode/hex tools were
located in FrameMaker 9 (which is what I am still using for a variety of
reasons). Adobe being Adobe, I'm sure they have moved and/or renamed the tools
a couple of times in the intervening releases between 9 and 12.

The best suggestion is to open the PDF of the User Guide and search for "hex".
This should direct you to a dozen or two locations in the manual where the
character palette and hex input palette (or whatever they are calling  them
now) are discussed, and those descriptions should tell you where the palettes
are invoked.

But for common symbols like TM, registered trademark, and copyright symbols,
the easiest solution is to use the keyboard shortcuts that you should also be
able to find in the PDF manual:
For ­­™: Crtl+q, then *
For ®: Ctrl+q, then (
For ©: Ctrl+q, then )

Or use the standard Windows shortcuts:
For ™: Alt+0153
For®: Alt+0173
For ©: Al+0169
Note that for each of these you hold down the Alt key while typing the 4-digit
code on the *numeric keypad* (with NumLock on, of course).

-Fred Ridder