At 21:18 +0000 3/3/14, a...@ant-davey.com wrote:

>Getting them to use a restrictive number of formats is just the first step
>towards structured authoring. The ones that really have me tearing my hair out
>are those who use Heading 1 and maybe Heading 2 and then every subhead below
>that is Normal+Bold. Those ones are NEVER going to understand the significance
>of structure.

I think the only way to tackle this sort of problem is at the corporate level.
Customize *all* Word installations, and get approval from upstairs to lock Word
down to the customized version.

I used to work with a Word MVP who did this for a client. One click in the
toolbar, the user interface changed completely, and the total Word environment
was locked to the corporate templates with all opportunities for local
formatting removed.

On a historical note, Interleaf implemented Word round-tripping back in the
early 90s as a cost-plus option. Seems like things have gone backwards.

--
Steve