From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Alan Salo (Ariens
Plant 1)
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 5:21 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Turkish Font Issue

Happy Friday!

My team is using FrameMaker 11 to build our international manuals.

This problem occurs on two of the workstations:
When using Adobe Distiller to print a Turkish-language file to a PDF we have
font errors where certain characters do not distill correctly and appear as
boxes. The fonts used in the FrameMaker file are Arial and Arial Unicode and
they display correctly in the Frame file. We get no error messages in the
Distiller log files.

Two other workstations distill the file without issue. The font set from the
working stations has been copied to the non-working stations but does not make
a difference.

We've tried printing using the Adobe PDF printer and unchecking the "Rely on
system fonts only; do not use document fonts" box with no success.

All other 16 languages distill without issue.

Any clues are appreciated.

Cheers,
Alan

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the
use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.