On 2014-Mar-14 12:21 PM, Alan Salo (Ariens Plant 1) wrote:

Happy Friday!

My team is using FrameMaker 11 to build our international manuals.

This problem occurs on two of the workstations:

When using Adobe Distiller to print a Turkish-language file to a PDF we have font errors where certain characters do not distill correctly and appear as boxes. The fonts used in the FrameMaker file are Arial and Arial Unicode and they display correctly in the Frame file. We get no error messages in the Distiller log files.

Two other workstations distill the file without issue. The font set from the working stations has been copied to the non-working stations but does not make a difference.

We’ve tried printing using the Adobe PDF printer and unchecking the “Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts” box with no success.

All other 16 languages distill without issue.

Any clues are appreciated.

Cheers,

Alan

Perhaps you could try copying the .joboptions file from the working to non-working computers?

And Dov Isaacs of Adobe recommends:
Embed all fonts
Subset Embedded Fonts = Percent of characters used is less than 100%
If Embedding Fails, Cancel Job
Always Embed - none
Never Embed - none

HTH,