There's no reason the plain-text replacement can't add EOPs .. just need a code to do that. You can do that with a regular search/replace by searching on "\p" and replacing with "\p\p". The "\n" is a forced return in the non-regex UI. It should at least do the same .. not an "n".

...scott

On 7/7/14 6:07 PM, Fred Ridder wrote:
But if there is no practical way for a plain text-oriented tool to insert a *proper* EOP, the only way to make Frame's overall Find/Replace behavior consistent would be to forbid searching for EOPs. And that would be a *real* shortcoming IMO. Kind of like throwing out the baby with the bathwater...

-Fred

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 16:57:03 -0700
From: s...@leximation.com
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: FM12: Quirks in Find/replace using RegEx (Perl)

I dunno. I just don't like the fact that "\n" will match on a line end (of some type), while it replaces as an "n" .. that's not right.

...scott

On 7/7/14 4:52 PM, Syed Zaeem Hosain (syed.hos...@aeris.net <mailto:syed.hos...@aeris.net>) wrote:

    Yeah … I have to admit that I can’t argue with you on this too
    much. JBecause, there isn’t a simple “this is the right way” to do
    the EOP insertions.

    Although … /maybe/ … Word stands a slightly better chance because
    of its “Normal” paragraph that /could/ get applied by default. Of
    course, as you note, this could cause a mess with documents whose
    paragraphs have already been changed to some other paragraph
    format, etc.