At 14:31 -0700 13/7/14, Scott Prentice wrote:

>Ah yes .. my experience with this is through Fusion, but I'm quite sure that
>the 64/32-bit question is the same for both virtualization options.
>
>At the time I made this switch (7 years ago), Fusion was generally considered
>the better choice, and it was also the system that a couple of my clients were
>using. Since then, it seems that the "preference" switches from Parallels to
>Fusion as each comes out with a new release. In reality I think it's probably
>a toss-up.

I guess we're going a bit off-topic here, but this evening I tried out Fusion
(5). At the moment I'm interested in OS X virtual machines, using Snow Leopard
Server. I hit what looks like a major snag with Fusion: in a Fusion Snow
Leopard VM I get offered only one display resolution (tiny screen), as opposed
to the zillions in a Parallels (9) SL VM. I will investigate this further when
I get time, and see if the problem exists in a Fusion Win7 VM.

It was an evaluation version of Fusion: maybe they cripple it.

--
Steve