I can only hazard a guess at a fraction of this...

At 16:56 -0500 17/8/14, Theresa de Valence wrote:

>In FrameBook, there will also be Front Matter and Back Matter. Can I use the
>Section element here or should I create a new element called OtherMatter?

If you are creating an EDD from scratch (as I hope you are), it is entirely up
to you how you use elements. However, as with para tags, the function of an
element should be consistent. So, if you are using 'Section' for body sections
within a book, you should create a different element for front and/or
backmatter, as these are functionally different elements, and have different
formatting (usually) and different context rules.

It is difficult to scope your numbering queries, as it sounds as if you are
working from a template created elsewhere. If this is the case, we do not know
how the TOC is formed from the chapter templates. However, one way in which you
can format a TOC consistently is to use numbered tags for the chapter titles
for numbered chapters, and unnumbered tags for the titles of the unnumbered
'chapters' such as Preface, Index and so on, including both tag types in the
TOC. There are many other methods though. This doesn't really relate to
structure.

I still don't see why you are using structure, though.

--
Steve