Hurrah John! ;-)

I have been following this thread with interest and sympathy, but have not
posted because I know nothing about Mif2Go, having never used it.

However, as a 64,000-foot view of inexplicable problems, I would be inclined to
*always* suspect AV software until it is proven innocent. I just wish I'd
thought of it in this case.

For example, until now (FrameMaker 12/Win7/Parallels) my experience has been
mainly of textbooks produced in FrameMaker 7 for Mac on an 11-year-old machine.
On that Mac I have - had - an AV app running, and it *always* randomly
interfered with FrameMaker's file saves. It wasn't a big issue, as it
interfered with them non-destructively, blocking the deletion of the
hex-numbered temporary file that FrameMaker produces (or produced in FrameMaker
7 for Mac) as part of the file save process. This regularly generated messages
like 'File blah hex-blah has an unusual extent/is busy/cannot be deleted but
file blah has been saved.'

Just why this happened is no longer important, but it's a hint that AV software
tends to mess with stuff that OS and app developers maybe didn't expect to be
messed with.

--
Steve