Hi Rebecca...

I'm not aware of a way to do this via EDD .. I think scripting or a plugin is your best bet. I do have a plugin called StructureSnippets that (among other things) will let you wrap a specified element/attribute in a predefined structure (like a table). I'm not sure how you'd use it to wrap two cells though .. perhaps multiple passes over the content? You could also use FrameSLT from West Street Consulting, which (also among many other things) lets you wrap elements/attributes in other elements. Both of these plugins can be run programmatically. However, your best bet may be to write some script that does exactly what you want.

Remember that however you solve this, you should be able to add the calling script into the DITA-FMx book-build process so that the processing is done as part of the map to book creation process.

Hmm .. you *could* do this via XSLT. In theory you should be able to add a template to the bookmap2fmbook.xsl file, which is run as part of the default DITA-FMx book-build process. Depending on the programming skills at your disposal, either ExtendScript or XSLT should be able to get you where you're trying to go.

Cheers,

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.