I’m not sure how useful this will be to people, but Sumatra PDF, a lightweight
PDF viewer, can open .chm help on network drives.

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/free-pdf-reader.html

It’s also generally a very nice, minimal PDF reader.

From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Roger Shuttleworth
Sent: November-10-14 11:16 AM
To: David Millis
Cc: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Generating web-based help

Hello David

You cannot open a CHM over a network drive. It's a security issue that has been
around for years.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Sent from my smartphone

On 10 Nov 2014, at 15:53, David Millis
<david.mil...@drakesoftware.com<mailto:david.mil...@drakesoftware.com>> wrote:
Up to this point, I’ve never generated web-based help, only Microsoft HTML Help
1.x with Framemaker 7.2 as my source documents. The program that my help is
used in is now being used as part of a suite of web-based programs. When I view
the CHM file in the web-based application, I only see the books, chapters, and
headings on the left side. I don’t see any of the actual Help content. That
very same CHM file shows all as it should when the application is on my C:
drive.

My questions are:

1.       Is there a setting I need to generate the help for the web-based
application?

2.       If I need to change the output, what output do I need to select that
would require the absolute bare minimum of work on my part?

3.       If I choose a different output, do the style and paragraph settings
that are part of the HTML Help 1.x output automatically come into the new
output type?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

David Millis
Drake Software

You are currently subscribed to framers as
shutti...@gmail.com<mailto:shutti...@gmail.com>.

Send list messages to
framers@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers@lists.frameusers.com>.

framers-unsubscr...@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers-unsubscr...@lists.frameusers.com>