FM has provided support for docbook since 7.2. It's been weak and incomplete (as it still is), but it's been there. If you poke around in the structure applications, you'll see an xdocbook app.

Wim .. in order to use docbook effectively in FM, you'll need to do a bit of development work, both structure app development but also likely some FDK work. You may be better off trying to develop a docbook specialization of DITA .. but that will have it's own special problems!

...scott