I would strongly recommend using BookVars from Leximation for this purpose –
best tool I have in my FrameMaker portfolio.

From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Tony Marek (PDF)
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:35 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Deleting Variables at the Book Level

Hello all –  Second question in one week:
Is there any easy way to delete obsolete variables from the variables library
at the book level (Frame 12)?

I’m trying to create a consistent list of variables across all chapters in a
book and I can’t find a way to do the deletions except chapter-by-chapter.
Importing variables from one up-to-date chapter to others does not perform any
deletions of variables not on the source/master file.

Thanks,
~Tony