Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:50:17 +0100
From: i...@heiko-haida.de
To: ljsims...@gmail.com; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Acrobat X: Manually sending a Shared Review

Hi Lin,

if Acrobat does not recognize the email client (like when a web-based email is
used), you cannot send the file specially prepared for the review, which means
that you cannot use the email review process at all (as far as I understand
it).
You would not be able to store your PDF file in the specific format that is
necessary for the workflow; e.g. to collect all comments in one final version
at the end of one review cycle, Acrobat has to recognize the files as
"original" or "commented" versions of one review process. (...I guess.)

There are two other options for a workflow which is not email-based but
server-based:

1) A server-path is available for all reviewers (could be WebDAV)

2) acrobat.com could be used as a "server" (Adobe ID required for setup)

In both cases the reviewers would either work with the server copy, or work
with local copies, where each comment is automatically transfered to the server
copy. This way, all comments are visible immediately for all reviewers and can
also be answered, which can be very useful (connection to server-path/internet
must be available to "publish" the comments). This way, the comments do not
have to be re-imported into the original version from all the different
commented files.

Best regards - Tino H. Haida. Berlin

Lin Sims:

Acrobat X doesn't support using a web-based email for sending Shared Review
invitations. It does let you manually send invitations, but I've not been able
to find actual instructions for how to do that. The situation is complicated by
the fact that I am using WebDAV and a cloud storage service for collecting the
review comments.

I'm assuming that what you do is attach the review file to an email and send it
on with whatever information is required, but you know what they say about
assumptions. I'm also wondering what, if anything, will happen if a reviewer
tried to open the folder Acrobat creates for storing comments on the cloud
server.

--

Lin Sims

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/docudoc%40hotmail.com