Framemaker 12
Windows 7 Professional (v 6.1)

Hi everyone,

We have several Framemaker 12 licenses on our staff (on a Windows 7 platform),
and all of us seem to be repeatedly having this same problem, even with
previous versions of Framemaker.

When converting styles from a new template into a current document, it seems to
work perfectly, except not all the Character Formats carry over.
For example, the Paragraph tag within a chapter file would all be the same for
Head1, but the character format for that tag converts correctly for some
headings and not others. I then have to manually fix the other headings and
Update All.
One workaround we came up with is to first import everything except Variables,
Paragraph Formats, and Character Formats. We then go back again and only import
Paragraph Formats and Character Formats (see screenshot below).
I know this sounds like a silly workaround, but this remains a mystery to be
solved.

Any thoughts?

[cid:image001.png@01D08330.F862AE70]

Linda Garneau
Technical Publications Manager
linda.garn...@crossmatch.com<mailto:linda.garn...@crossmatch.com>

This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential, proprietary,
inside and/or legally privileged information. Any distribution or use of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and then permanently delete it
from your system.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Cross Match
Technologies, Inc., DigitalPersona and the DigitalPersona logos are registered
trademarks or trademarks of Cross Match Technologies, Inc and DigitalPersona,
Inc. in the United States and other countries.