Making a manual archive is always a good practice - I would advise doing this on a twice daily basis so that the files are backed up to a server in a different location.

Warning: SourceSafe is a discontinued Microsoft package. Even though SourceSafe can handle any type of file, we experienced some corruptions when dealing with non-source code, such as document sets, images, etc. Not good!

Instead, I would recommend switching to use Apache Subversion - AKA: SVN.

// Simon BUCH