Microsoft Visual studios source control  also works with well. You can use Team
Foundation Server or GIT with that.

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-boun...@lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Harding, Dan
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 9:16 AM
To: framers
Subject: RE: Sourcesafe

I do something a little more robust, since I potentially want more than just
one backup or restore point, but we do not have SVN or Git infrastructure here
at work, and I don't know (or more accurately trust) how well various
sourcecode versioning systems work with all of the images, fonts, FrameMaker
files etc.

I use Cobian backup:

http://www.cobiansoft.com/index.htm

It's free backup software that allows scheduling, incremental backups, etc.

I backup my working folder nightly to a central server (which also has its own
backups), using a 3-week rotation of full backups, meaning that at any given
time I have 21 nights of backup to be able to access. It's all automated and
runs in the background without my intervention.

For offsite (cloud) backups, I recommend CrashPlan (think Carbonite on
steroids):

http://www.code42.com/crashplan/

I use this at home on the single-computer plan (will also back up any attached
external drives, but not network folders) and with unlimited storage capacity
and a 1-year subscription it runs $5 a month. It allows you to do both local
and cloud backups and runs continuously in the background (so it's not
scheduled like Cobian above; any time a file is changed it is backed up). It
can be configured to run at various levels of encryption up to 448-bit, so your
data is fully secure.

-Dan