I do remember seeing that thread. I just thought I would make sure my .book
file name is what I want my .PDF file name to be--renaming the .book file
if necessary. I haven't tested it yet, though.

Beverly
I don't speak for Datacard, either

             "Ridder, Fred"
             <fred.ridder at inte
             l.com>                                                     To
                                       <beverly_robinson at datacard.com>,
             12/09/2005 03:43          <framers at lists.frameusers.com>

                                                                    Fax to

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Minor annoyance saving as PDF
                                       under FrameMaker 7.2b144

In case you missed it last week (or was it the week before last?),
there was a thread about how there is still a problem with the Save
As PDF function that might be an issue for you.

The upshot of the discussion (as confirmed by a couple of list
members) is that unless the filename you use for the PDF matches
the name of the book file, some of the hypertext links within the
document (cross-references, TOC entries, etc.) will be broken.
And the same thing will happen if you change the name of the
PDF file after you create it. Apparently, when you use Save As
PDF, some named destinations have names that include the
name of the book file rather than just a destination ID. The
print-to-PostScript-then-distill method, on the other hand, works
fine and does not create destination names that include the
filename.

So if you use hyperlinks in your PDFs, it may be a moot point
that Distiller doesn't close after you use Save As PDF because
you shouldn't use that method to create your PDFs.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ