You're probably using a single "left" tab stop to separate the number
from the text. You need to use two, one right-aligned to force the
sequence you want.

Add a "right" tab stop to the Basic para tag tab and also add it to
the Numbering sequence, so it looks something like: \t<n+>.\t

Art

--
Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com