From: framers-bounces+zlawson=openservice....@lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+zlawson=openservice.com at lists.frameusers.com] On
Behalf Of Steve Rickaby
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 10:47 AM
To: framers at FrameUsers.com
Subject: Alignment of list numbers

On seeing some FrameMaker output, an experienced proofreader has commented
on the fact that for numbered lists that run into two digits, the numbers
are left-aligned, rather than right-aligned - the implication is that, for
example, '9' should be aligned above the '0' of '10'.

I must admit that this thought had not crossed my mind before, but of course
it's true. I've just checked a book set in Quark, and list numbers do indeed
right-align. As FrameMaker can only apply justification at the paragraph tag
level, and not at the character tag level, I cannot see a simple method of
achieving the desired alignment.

Does anyone have any ideas?
--
Steve