Unless you changed something in the Autonumbering settings, the
easiest explanation would be that the flow or order of text containers
was disrupted. Did you add disconnected pages or maybe add text frames
that are not autoconnected properly (in order)?

Art

--
Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com