Whoops -- I was thinking the numbering was in a single file, not a
book with multiple files. Sorry.

OK, the corollary to Stuart's suggestion is that the first file in the
book in which you want the numbering to begin should be set, in the
book file Numbering > Para, to Restart (at 1). Then all subsequent
files should be set to Continue if you want the table numbering to
increment across all files/chapters or Restart if you want each
chapter to have a Table 1, 2, ...

Art

--
Art Campbell                                             art.campbell at
gmail.com
                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358