Guys,

We're having a debate in my TW team about whether to use Import by Ref
for graphics or Copy into Document. I always Import by reference. The
hardware writers copy into document. Their books take much longer to
build than mine, and I am convinced that it's because they are copying
the graphics into the document.

Am I right, is this what's causing their slow book building process?  I
have much bigger books than they do, in terms of pages, but they have
bigger graphics.

Also, what are some arguments for importing by ref vs copying in? What
do you guys do?

Thank you,

<mailto:gflato at nanometrics.com>

Gillian Flato

Technical Writer (Software)

nanometrics

1550 Buckeye Dr.

Milpitas, CA. 95035

(408.435.9600 x 316

7  408.232.5911

* gflato at nanometrics <mailto:gflato at nanometrics.com> .com
<blocked::mailto:v at nanometrics.com>

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended
recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message
is strictly prohibited.