On 23 Jan 2006, at 09:44, Steve Rickaby wrote:

> When moving a template that uses Frutiger 45 and 55 Ps Type 1 from Mac
> to PC FrameMaker 7, the recipient reports missing font messages for
> the fonts, even though they are [allegedly] installed on the PC. Can
> anyone offer me any pointers as to why this might be occurring?

I've never experienced this first-hand because all the FrameMaker users
I deal with around the world are on the Mac, but I understand that the
fonts must be of the exact same type and from the exact same foundry,
and even then there may be differences with extended characters.
OpenType is supposed to eliminate this kind of cross-platform issue.

This may shed some light:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/327053.html>

Paul