From: Dov Isaacs [mailto:isa...@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 9:37 AM
To: Gillian Flato; framers at FrameUsers.com
Subject: RE: Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0

Expect it very soon. This is a good time, though, to
repeat my warning that you should not attempt to have
either multiple versions of Acrobat, multiple versions
of Reader, and/or mixtures of Acrobat and Reader installed
on a given system. Although it is possible to coerce the
installers to do that, it is neither endorsed nor
supported by Adobe. Many, many problems that we hear
about with regards to anything PDF ultimately get traced
to attempts to have anything more than one version of
Acrobat or of Reader installed on one system. In some
cases problems occur as the result of not fully uninstalling
previous versions or following the explicit directions of
the uninstaller to reboot as part of the uninstall procedure.
Failure to reboot in a timely fashion results in not all
the old version of Acrobat being fully and properly uninstalled.

Further note: There are incompatibilities between Acrobat 8
and FrameMaker 7.x "save as PDF" primarily due to Acrobat 8
storing joboption files in a different location and manner
than Acrobat 7. An Adobe Tech Note will come out about this
at some point.

        - Dov

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended
recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message
is strictly prohibited.